Healthcare Sector Quiz: The first three readers to submit the correct answers to all questions will win a $25 gift card from either Amazon or Starbucks.
As the school year winds down, millions of students will be taking “Final Exams”. At In Sickness and Wealth we thought it might be appropriate and fun to conduct our own pop quiz. This is an open-book, or should we say “open website,” quiz. All answers can be found somewhere on the site www.insicknessandwealth.com
Good luck. They start easy… and get progressively more challenging.
1) ACA is an acronym for:
a) Adenine cyclic acrylate
b) Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
c) American Cancer Administration
2) Before a drug can be approved in the United States it must undergo approval from the FDA.
In general, how many stages are there in the approval process?
3) Healthcare sector mutual funds provide:
a) Professional management
b) A diversified portfolio of healthcare stocks
c) Guaranteed returns
d) A and B
4) If Johnson and Johnson paid an annual dividend of $3.00 a share and the stock is currently trading at $112, what is its dividend yield?
5) If an investor bought Valeant Pharmaceuticals a year ago and still held the stock, he would have:
a) small capital gain
b) large capital gain
c) large loss
6) Illumina Corporation is a company involved in:
a) Transcatheter aortic valve replacement
b) Manufacture of chemotherapy drugs
c) Gene Sequencing
7) Elizabeth Holmes is the founder and leader of which of the following companies that ran afoul of regulators?
a) Labcorp of America
b) Quest Diagnostics
d) Unicorn Enterprises
8) Which of the following is a potential risk to healthcare companies in the U.S.?
a) Reimbursement rates by payers
b) FDA recalls
d) Increasing regulation
e) All of the above
Tie breaker: In Cystic Fibrosis, the CFTR molecule malfunctions due to a genetic defect. What does CFTR stand for?
Email your answers to: email@example.com